How dietitians can make a must read E-Book
E-books are currently very popular. The thought of creating an E-book is really overwhelming. Don't worry we'll guide you through, step by step on how to create an E-book that people will love. We'll be using Canva (because Canva is amazing). To help you get moving and start creating your first ever E-book.
Okay here we go!
1. Choose the topic of your E-book. In another article I mentioned how important it is to find a niche. (and to find something that people are organically searching for). We recommend using these tools to find popular content on the internet. www.googletrends.com and www.buzzsumo.com. The first one tracks all searches in Google, what are they searching for, when and at what volume. If you search the term Keto diet across the last 5 years in the US, you'll see a massive spike. Buzz Sumo is a tool that shows you the most shared (and popular) content related to your term. So search for the term Keto Diet and you'll see the top ranking articles, this will give you a good guide of what you need to write about.
2. Make it actionable and 'click bait-y'. As a dietitian you're an expert within your field, you're science based and academically trained. In order to get people to read your content you need to make it more digestible (pun intended). You need to start writing in a way that makes your content appealing for the reader - generally your content should be something that is quick to read, actionable. Here are some good terms to use: My complete guide to xxxx, 10 proven tactics to lose wieght etc. Make it quantifiable, actionable and focused on your niche / what people want to read about.
3. Design your E-book. Using Canva it is really easy to start designing your custom Ebook that matches your brand guidelines (we've covered in another article). Now plan out your content, here's a rough guideline:
3.1 Establish your credibility and introduce your self.
3.2 Tell you readers what they're going to be reading about. Make bullet points for each key point.
3.3 Start writing out your content. Key chapters that you laid out in the above 3.2.
3.4 Provide a conclusion and a thorough take away for your users. Have a 'Call To Action (CTA)' for your users to follow. Do you want them to join one of your webinars? Invite them to a private community? Make it really clear what you want - you can hyper link in your Ebook.
We've provided a template which you can download here. And if you want any advice we are happy to help guide you through the process.
4. Write your content and get someone to review it. This step is recommended to make sure your content is on point and people will love it. The Tuki team is happy to review your Ebook and provide you with feedback if you'd like.
5. Bringing it all together and publishing your E-book. So now you've put together the design, the content it's time to put it together. Copy and paste your content into your Canva template, add any images you think are appropriate, add your CTA at the end (maybe a free consultation or giveaway) and hyperlink it.
6. Save your E-book as a PDF and add it to Google Drive or Drop Box and make it publicly available. Then once you've got it stored. Take the 'share file' link and add a CTA on your website that says 'Download my free E-book'. Capture your visitors email address and then send them the link to your E-book in an email. Make sure you have a follow up campaign with them to ensure that you're providing valuable content going forward. Share your E-book on Social, blogs, forums and anywhere your prospective clients might be reading.
We'll have another article in the future about how to get your E-Book onto Amazon.
At Tuki we're passionate about helping Dietitians market themselves and we would be happy to help you with any questions you might have.
Thanks and leave your comments below.